Boston Sump Pump Services
If you need sump pump services in Boston, the experts with Cranney Home Services are ready to help. You can be assured that your job will be done right the first time, because we have 30 years of experience and are very familiar with all makes and models.
Common Sump Pump Problems
Typical sump pump problems include:
- The pump works but no water enters the pit – If the drain tile is installed at the wrong angle, this is a typical result. The tile collects water from the foundation of your home. If installed improperly, water cannot enter the pit and your pump will be useless.
- A clogged switch or pump – Dirt or debris can easily clog a pump that does not have a lid. The float switch, the device that turns your pump on or off depending on the water level, can clog as well. This will result in your pump either shutting off completely or running continuously.
- An overwhelmed pump – Cheaper pumps usually have trouble handling the water volume created by a basement flood. Either they can’t pump the water fast enough or they simply burn out. You should have a high-capacity pump installed with a battery backup.
Sump Pump Replacement Options
- Sump pump liner – avoid clogs – A pump without a liner can become easily clogged with debris and dirt. A clog will not be a concern, however, if the pump has a liner. At Cranney Home Services, we provide bolted-on lids that ensure your pump will work as intended.
- Battery backup sump pump – This type of system is highly recommended if you have a finished basement. Should the power go our or your main pump fail for any reason, this redundant system will protect your basement for several hours.
- Marine-grade sump pump – This system ranges from .5 horsepower to more than 1 horsepower, and features a marine-grade, 12-volt battery. It comes in a wide range of gallons-per-minute pumping capacities and offers a choice between a tethered switch that features an adjustable pumping range or a universal float switch that easily mounts to a discharge pipe.
- Sump pump alarm monitoring – Basic models sound an alarm that can be heard throughout a home if water is detected, while advanced models can send an alarm via phone, text or e-mail.
Call Cranney Home Services for all Your Service and Repair Needs
At Cranney Home Services, our technicians will arrive on time and will perform all work to code with top grade material, assuring your family and home’s safety. Work is done efficiently and upon completion, all jobs are followed by a thorough clean up, and complete respect is given to your home. Our radio-dispatched trucks are stocked with a wide selection of repair items, tools, and emergency equipment enabling us to provide service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Get in touch with us if you would like to schedule a service appointment.