Tankless Water Heater Services in Boston
Cranney Home Services technicians are experts in all makes and models of tankless water heaters. This type of water heater is becoming increasingly popular for many homeowners because it often surpasses traditional systems in efficiency and effectiveness.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Tankless water heaters work on an on-demand basis, heating water when you need it. This is different from a traditional hot water heater where the tank heats water and stores it until needed. Tankless systems have been popular in Europe and Asia for many years, and have recently gained more popularity in America due to rising energy process.
There are several variations among tankless water heater models, but they all work in basically the same manner. When you turn on a hot water faucet, a flow sensor detects it and activates the heater. Then, a series of heating elements heat the water, and continue heating it until the faucet is turned of and the sensor recognizes the flow of water has been stopped.
Tankless Water Heater Benefits
- Cost Savings: Because a tankless system does not have to constantly heat water, it can result in energy savings of as much as 40%. This is obviously a major increase in efficiency over a traditional water heater.
- Conservation of Energy: Again, a traditional system uses a tank that must be continually filled with water, and heats that water to a set temperature. A tankless system, on the other hand, only heats the amount of water needed at a particular moment, and can do so thanks to a set of coils that heat when the unit is engaged. As water passes over the coils, it is heated.
- Continuous Hot Water: While a tank only holds a finite amount of water, a tankless system’s supply of hot water is limitless. You will never have to worry about running out of hot water while washing your clothes or taking a shower.
- Convenience and Durability: Most tankless systems can be installed on almost any wall inside or outside of a home because they are about the size of a carry-on suitcase. On the other hand, traditional systems can take up to 16 square feet of space. And the average tankless system lasts about 20 years, while most traditional water heaters last half of that.
- Quality Water: Tanks can build up contaminants such as rust and scale; water that you use for your shower or bath. A tankless system always provides instant hot water that is fresh and clean.
Call Cranney Home Services for All Your Service and Repair Needs
At Cranney Home Services, our technicians will arrive on time and will perform all work to code with top grade material, assuring your family and home’s safety. Work is done efficiently and upon completion, all jobs are followed by a thorough clean up, and complete respect is given to your home. Our radio-dispatched trucks are stocked with a wide selection of repair items, tools, and emergency equipment enabling us to provide service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Get in touch with us if you would like to schedule a service appointment.