Are Small Leaks A Big Deal?
Did you know that plumbing leaks can happen at any time? No matter what size they are, or whether they are noticeable or hidden, they can wreak havoc on your home. If you notice any of the following warning signs in your home, call Cranney Home Services right away to detect the leak.
Signs You Have A Hidden Leak
- Mold or Mildew. If you spot mold or mildew, it’s more than likely that you have a leak in your home! When moisture is left with nowhere to go, mold and mildew can grow and spread at a rapid rate. If you can see or smell it, it’s definitely growing somewhere nearby. Not only can this result in costly repairs, it can negatively effect your health as well. Mold and mildew can cause asthma symptoms to worsen, as well as other breathing related illnesses to pop up in your home.
- Damaged walls. Whether it’s paint, wood, wallpaper, or any other material, water can cause damage. Be on the look out for any saggy or droopy spots, as well as discoloration.
- Warped walls and doors. Any type of leak or water damage is very harmful to wood – especially your walls and doors. While the damage might be slight at first, it’s a good idea to check your walls for any curved planks, uneven surfaces, or changes in color.
- Condensation. If your walls look like they’re dripping or sweating, it’s because there’s a leak somewhere inside your wall. This is usually the result of excessive moisture accumulating behind a wall.
- Damaged flooring. It’s important to not only watch your walls and ceilings, but your floors as well, as hidden leaks can happen beneath tile and wood planks. Be on the lookout for warped wood, stains, soft areas, loose or cracking tiles, peeling caulk, and damp carpet.
- Foundation problems. House leaks can also happen underground. If you notice there are cracks in your garage floor, it could be due to an underground waterline leak. Broken pipes beneath your house can lead to soil erosion, causing parts of the house to settle at a lower level.
- Warm or damp floors. A damp floor can indicate a plumbing or foundation leak, but if your floors are both damp and warm, the problem may have to do with your water heater. Hot water leaks are another potential problem, and if your water heater isn’t the culprit, you may have a sewer line leak. Hot water leaks are especially problematic, as mold grows faster with hot water.
How Cranney Can Help
Homeowners can count on Cranney for top-notch leak detection and repair. We know how important it is to act quickly once you suspect you have a leaking drain. Our radio-dispatched service experts respond quickly and utilize top-notch home service technology to determine where the leak is and fix it.
We use a variety of the industry’s latest technology to ensure that we provide you with the peace of mind that you deserve in your home.With any leak service call that Cranney receives, we guarantee:
- Quick detection
- Accurate water damage assessment
- Prevention further water damage via repair or replacement
- A safe and clean environment throughout the process and when we leave
Don’t wait until it’s too late! Call Cranney Home Services at the first sign of a leak.